••• PLEASE NOTE that the
Storey County Assessor's Office and 
Vehicle Registration Services are 
CLOSED DAILY FOR LUNCH from 12:00-1:00pm. ••• 

****Click HERE for VEHICLE TAXES PAID information****

****Click HERE for OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE Titling and Registration Information****

Department of Motor Vehicle Services

The Storey County Assessor’s Office is a contract sub-station of the Department of Motor Vehicles and provides vehicle registration and titling services for residents of our communities. These services are provided during the hours of 9a-noon and 1p-4p, Monday through Friday. The Storey County Assessor's office is now able to accept credit or debit/credit cards for DMV payments. At the Storey County Assessor’s Office, you may renew an existing registration or register a new vehicle. To obtain record printouts, driver licenses and to take driver courses and tests, you must visit a Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office in neighboring Carson City or Reno. For information about titling and registering Off-Highway Vehicles (OHVs), please click HERE.


To better prepare you for a visit to the office, the DMV has made forms available for download just a click away. We encourage you to download the appropriate form(s) in advance of your visit. Please be advised, many DMV forms require either a notarized signature or for you to sign the form in the presence of a DMV employee.


Click here for location information of DMV offices and DMV forms:

  • Vehicle Registration

  • To register a new vehicle, you may visit the Storey County Assessor’s Office. Please note, all new vehicles must be registered in person. However, to renew an existing registration, you may either mail the renewal form to the Assessor’s Office or visit us in person. The Certificate of Registration and license plate decal will be mailed upon receipt of your payment.

    • New Vehicle registration:

      • In order to register a new vehicle, you will be asked to provide proof of current Nevada insurance and the following documentation:

  • Vehicles purchased by a NEVADA dealer:

    • Dealer Report of Sale (green copy)

  • Vehicles Purchased from an OUT-OF-STATE Dealer

    • Invoice or Bill of Sale, and one of the following:

    • Title

    • Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin

    • Security Agreement

    •  Lease Agreement

    • VIN inspection

  • Vehicles Purchased from a PRIVATE PARTY

    • Title or Security Agreement from a Financial Institution

    • VIN inspection (if not previously registered in Nevada)

    • Current odometer reading (if less than 10 years old) 

  • New Residents

    • License plates and current registration certificate

    • Title, if not held by lien holder

    • VIN inspection 

Please note: Residents of Storey County are NOT required to obtain a Nevada Emission Vehicle Inspection Report (smog check).


To help you prepare for your visit to the DMV and to expedite your requests, we encourage you to visit the State of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicle’s website for the appropriate forms and directions for completing each form.



For information, or problems with this website, please contact: Storey County IT