General Information The primary goal of the Storey County Recorder’s Office is to maintain accurate, reliable stewardship of the County's public records. To ensure the highest level of customer service, the Storey County Recorder’s Office runs its daily operations in accordance with the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights:
Each and Every Taxpayer has the Right:
- To be treated with courtesy, fairness, uniformity, consistency and common sense.
- To a prompt response to each communication from the taxpayer.
- To have their opinion heard.
- To be fully and factually informed.
- To be directed to the appropriate department or individual.
- To be free from harassment and intimidation by any officer, agent, or employee for any reason.
- To know how their property is being taxed for Real Property Transfer.
- To appeal their Real Property Transfer Tax informally or formally.
- To expect to leave the Recorder’s Office feeling as though they were served in a competent and professional manner.