Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
This page contains links and details for county, state and federal resources related to coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, as well as ways for you to keep up-to-date with social media and news alerts.
COVID-19 health-related updates for Storey County are posted here. The Quad-County EOC and Health Coalition follow CDC protocols for monitoring, tracking and managing known COVID-19 cases in the Storey, Carson, Douglas and Lyon counties region.
Call the Quad-County COVID-19 Hotline at 775-434-1988 for questions and testing
from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Carson City Health and Human Services continue to test Quad-County residents with and without symptoms. Drive-thru COVID-19 testing events are for Quad-County residents only (Carson, Douglas, Lyon and Storey). All others will be turned away. Residents can call the Quad-County COVID-19 Hotline to be assessed for testing. All COVID-19 tests offered through Carson City Health and Human Services are free of charge.
Storey County Business Recovery
- Storey County Launches Grant Program to Help Local Small Businesses - Deadline October 6
- August 13 letter to the Governor on County Mitigation Efforts
- May 28 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 2 Guidelines
- May 8 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 1 Guidelines
- Understanding Governor Sisolak’s Executive Directive 016 – Extending Previous Directives and Easing of Restrictions
- May 1 Virginia City Merchant Town Hall on Phase 2 Guidelines
- Letter to the Governor from Storey County
- COVID-19 Statement from your County Commission Chairman
- Occupant Load Capacities by Venue
- Nevada Commercial Rental Assistance Grant Program - Applications available August 24, 2020
- Governor Executive Directive 016 – April 29, 2020
- Curbside Commerce Safety Protocols – April 29, 2020
- Extension of Stay Home Directive with Initial Easing of Restrictions – April 29, 2020
- Nevada Roadmap to Recovery – April 30, 2020
County Updates and Resources
- Letter to the Governor from Storey County
- COVID-19 Statement from your County Commissioners
- May 1 Virginia City Merchant Business Zoom Meeting
- COVID-19 and Schools - Resource guide for parents, students and teachers
- Waste Management Transfer Station Update and Hours - April 3
- Restaurants and Services Open
- Community Development Letter Regarding Non-essential Businesses
- Senior Center
- Community Chest
- Senator Cortez-Masto
- Congressman Mark Amodei
- Small Business Resources from SBA
- Developing Your Workplace’s Reopening Plan
- How to Apply for Unemployment
- Unemployment Insurance Call Center
- Apply for Food Assistance and other Benefits Provided by the State
- Children Services and Mental Health
- School and Community Food Access Resources and Updates
- Nevada Department of Education
- USDA Business and Industry Cares Act Program
- USDA Rural Development COVID-19 resource page for rural residents and businesses
- Federal Rural Resource Guide
- Office of the Labor Commissioner Essential and Nonessential Businesses
- DETR Expands Online Helpdesk Hours - Unemployment Insurance Claims
- Department of Business and Industry - updates and announcements for the public and regulated industries
- Nevada JobConnect Career Centers
- Employ Nevada
- Resource guide for financial services available
- District Court Administrative Order
- My Ride To Work Announcement - provides daily commute rides to nearly 2,000 employees at TRI
- Mental Health Resources - The following documents are related to mental health issues that may be effecting some as they face issues related to COVID-19 including being shut in, germophobe matters, public safety, suicide, etc.
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- Addressing PPE Needs in Non-Healthcare Settings
- IRS Guidance on tax deductions that cannot be deducted under PPP
Click the above link for up-to-date information on COVID-19 in the Quad-County Region (Carson, Douglas, Lyon and Storey).
- November Flu Vaccinations and FREE COVID-19 Tests
- October Flu Vaccinations and FREE COVID-19 Tests
- Latest Quad-County cases
The Quad-County Multiagency Coordination (MAC) Group, Incident Management Team (IMT), and Carson City Health and Human Services (CCHHS) will be conducting asymptomatic community based COVID-19 testing for people without symptoms in each of our counties (Carson City, Douglas, Lyon, and Storey counties). Testing is limited and will be by appointment only.
Quick link to resources on the Governor’s site:
- Declaration of Emergency Directive 033- Updated Guidance for Safe Gatherings (Sept. 29, 2020)
- For specifics on each of the new directives related to Safe Gatherings, Large Venue Gatherings, Places of Worship, Ceremonies and Events, click here
- Guidance on Directive 024 relating to Face Coverings
- Governor Sisolak’s Phase 2 Guidelines
- Governor Sisolak’s Roadmap to Recovery Phase 1 Guidelines and Protocols for Reopening
- Declaration of Emergency Directive 003
- Governor Sisolak’s Declarations and Announcements
- Nevada’s Response
- Governor’s Directive 009 - Expiring Licenses and Permits
- Department of Public Safety, Division of Emergency Management - Regulation defining essential and nonessential businesses
- Daily Situation Reports
- Resources for Schools and Families
- Travel Advisories and Information
- Business and Workforce
Click here to watch a video from the Nevada Governor’s encouraging residents to #StayHomeForNevada.
Storey County Fire Protection District will begin issuing open Burn Permits for the fall season 2020 through the Spring Season of 2021 starting Monday, November 9, 2020. Read on...
Storey County General Election results for County Commissioner District 1 and 3 and Recorder. Read on...
We understand our Storey County community has a lot of questions following Governor Sisolak’s speech and mandate last night relating to COVID-19 and conducting business in this ongoing environment. Read on...