What information will I need to provide?

In order to obtain a Storey County business license, you will need to provide the following:

  • A completed application for business license, which you have signed and dated
  • A copy of your Nevada Tax ID/Business License or proof of exemption which is obtained through the Nevada State Department of Taxation
  • Proof of any additional required federal or state licenses
    • This depends on the type of business you will conduct
    • For example, a license from the State Board of Medical Examiners is required to practice medicine
  • Any applicable county agency approvals and sign-offs, for those who plan to open commercial businesses run from a store front, or a non-home based business run from your property (e.g. horse boarding)
    • The Business License Office will prepare these forms for you
  • The required fees for your business, per the appropriate business license application

Show All Answers

1. Can business flyers be distributed during special events?
2. Who needs a business license?
3. What information will I need to provide?
4. What licenses does the Sheriff's Department handle?