Storey County PO Box 176 Virginia City, NV 89440

Small Claims

Justice Court

800 South C Street
Virginia City, NV 89440

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 674
Virginia City, NV 89440

Ph: 775-847-0962
Fx: 775-847-0915


Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Staff Directory

Pay Court Fees Online
The whole process of Small Claims Court is to provide a quick, simple, effective, and inexpensive way for people to resolve their monetary disputes fairly. Small Claims Court is limited to granting money judgments only and cannot, for instance, order the return or replacement of an item. 

On our Forms page, you will find forms and helpful instructions. Please remember that although our clerks are always happy to help you, it is against the law for them to offer legal advice.

Filing a Small Claims Complaint
We have provided general information and forms on our small claims Forms page. It is important to follow the instructions.  Before you file a complaint with the court, you are required to send a Demand Letter.  If you do have to file a complaint, there will be filing fees and other court forms to complete.  Again, it is important to follow the instructions.   

If you are filing a complaint against a business, contact the Storey County Business License Division to obtain the name of the licensee. If you are suing a corporation, and need to find out to whom service should be made, contact the Office of the Nevada Secretary of State. If you are filing a complaint against a governmental entity or employee, you will want to find out where to properly serve your complaint. In any event, the correct name(s) must appear on the complaint when the document is filed.

Answering a Complaint
We have provided forms and information on our Forms page.   

The provided information and forms are for the most common claims and are not designed for a specific case.  You may want to consult an attorney.