800 South C Street
Virginia City, NV 89440
P.O. Box 674
Virginia City, NV 89440
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Pay Court Fees Online
The CourtroomWe are located at 800 South C Street, Virginia City, Nevada 89440.
Arrive at least 15 minutes early. Check in with the Justice Court Clerk who will then direct you to the courtroom. Depending on the number of cases, you may have to wait. Traffic arraignments are usually on a "stacked" calendar which means that several cases may be scheduled at the same time. The schedule, however, usually moves along quickly.
- Many people are unfamiliar with a courtroom. To help make your visit a more pleasant experience and to enhance safety, you must adhere to the following restrictions. Court personnel will not store prohibited items for you.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in the building. Law enforcement officers are exempt.
- No bags are allowed in the courtroom. This includes, but is not limited to, purses, backpacks, totes, diaper bags.
- Briefcases, oxygen tanks/holders, wheelchairs, and other external devices are subject to search.
- No food items, beverages, or even chewing gum are allowed in the courtroom.
- Turn your cell phone off. Use of any type of electronic recording device is not allowed.
- Refrain from talking or whispering in the courtroom while court is in session. Court proceedings are recorded and/or transcribed by a court reporter, and noise can interfere with preparation of this important record.
- COMMUNICATION WITH IN-CUSTODY DEFENDANTS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- The courtroom is not a comfortable place for children. Unless a child is required to appear for a hearing, arrange for child care during your visit to our courtroom.
- You don't have to wear a suit to court, but do wear appropriate attire.
- Clothing which displays offensive slogans or pictures is not allowed.
- Do not wear tank tops, shorts, or anything which displays a midriff.
- Do not wear sunglasses in the courtroom.
- Hats must be removed before entering the courtroom unless the hat is worn in accordance with religious beliefs.
If you require an ADA/Section 504 accommodation for your court appearance, you must submit an ADA/SECTION 504 REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION BY A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY at least FIVE (5) business days prior to the date of your appearance. If you need assistance completing the form, another person may fill it out on your behalf. You will find the form under Miscellaneous on our FORMS page.
Media groups must follow the Nevada Supreme Court Rules on Camera and Electronic Media Coverage. Please refer to Nevada Supreme Court Rules, Part IV, Rule 229 through 247.