Each business location within the county must have a separate license. A trade show or convention held in this state in which a business previously described takes part--or in which a person who conducts such a business attends for a purpose related to the conduct of the business--also needs a business license.
Business licenses must be displayed conspicuously at your place of business and in such a manner as to be open to view by the public and subject to inspection. The Business License department must be notified in writing regarding any changes in business name or ownership, location, number of employees, equipment, machines, or any other contingency.
Detailed information on business taxation rates and downloadable forms may be obtained at the Department of Taxation website.
In order to obtain a Storey County business license, you will need to provide the following:
- A completed , which you have signed and dated
- A copy of your Nevada Tax ID/Business License or proof of exemption which is obtained through the Nevada State Department of Taxation
- Proof of any additional required federal or state licenses
- This depends on the type of business you will conduct
- For example, a license from the State Board of Medical Examiners is required to practice medicine
- Any applicable county agency approvals and sign-offs, for those who plan to open commercial businesses run from a store front, or a non-home based business run from your property (e.g. horse boarding)
- The Business License Office will prepare these forms for you
- The required fees for your business, per the appropriate business license application
Theissues licenses for several specific types of businesses. Although the Business License Office will collect application materials for all businesses, our office will occasionally forward these materials--in the case of these specific types of businesses--to the Sheriff's Office, which will then process the materials and issue licenses. All other licenses are handled solely by the Business License Office.
Licenses for the following businesses will be issued by the Sheriff's Department:
- Alarm companies
- Door to door
- Escort services
- Establishments that serve or sell liquor
- Gaming establishments
*Please refer all brothel applications or questions directly to the.